Monday, 11 April 2016

Paper wreaths - SO FUN!!

It was about three or four years ago that first fell in love with a paper curl wreath that I saw on Pinterest.
I saw the tutorial and figured it seemed easy enough to make and I knew exactly the DSP that I wanted to use.  The metallics in this DSP pack were awesome (I can't rememeber the name of it now!) and I bought and used this paper more than any other since I have been an SU demonstrator.

Here is the winter themed wreath that I made.


This past winter when I pulled it out of storage it was looking a bit drab.  I knew I had to find a way to spruce it up somehow.  I was SOOOOOO thankful when a friend of mine had an entire pack of this paper on hand!!  JACKPOT!  :-)  I was able to remove some of the sun stained pieces and put new ones in fluffing it up and making it look nice and pretty again.  YAY!



I knew I was going to be making another paper curl wreath this past fall so I had a few changes in mind.  I used an entire pack of DSP and three sheets of 12x12 pumpkin pie card stock cut into 1" strips for a 12" green foam wreath. I had a few left over when I was done.
Once the paper was cut I used my bone folder to curl both ends of all the pieces.
Then I used straight pins (with a head on them) and my E6000 glue.  I stuck the pin through the middle (flat part) of the DSP/card stock and then dipped it in the glue before inserting it in the foam wreath.  I was hoping this would secure the pins and give the paper something to stick to as well.  So far it seems to be working!!!  
I attached my coordinating ribbon to the wreath first (just looped it around and tied the top) then secured it with pins and glue.  I used that as a starting point for my paper curls and kept adding them until it was a full as I wanted.

Here is the finished product...




Hope you enjoyed the short tutorial.  Have fun making your own paper curl wreaths!!  :-)






Shop 24/7 for your favourite Stampin' Up! products in my online store
Discounts galore on the Weekly Deals  & Clearance Rack 
Stamp with Shallon's FREE VIDEO tutorials
Join my "Shine's Stampers" group when you buy the starter kit!
Questions? Email me at stampwithshallon@gmail.com



Camouflage Technique

Hello Stampers!! I have another video tutorial comin' your way. These photos and video tutorial are for the camouflage stamping t...