Thursday, 5 November 2015

ECSE - Part 5 - My presentation

This was my third time presenting at the East Coast Stamping Event.  When I was first asked I said yes quickly so that my brain wouldn't figure out what I was doing until it was too late!  LOL
You see I have a huge fear of public speaking.  I was the kid in school who was PAINFULLY shy.  I would get physically ill over presentations and didn't want to answer homework questions because I was so scared. 

I have come out of my shell over the years but it has taken some LONG, HARD work to get here.  I kept gradually stepping outside of my comfort zone and when these presentations came up I thought, HECK YEAH! ...but wondered what I got myself into the week before.  :-)

I am very thankful to Maree and Sandi for these opportunities as it was my presentation at the last ECS Holiday Event where Carrie Cudney saw me present.  (talk about nervous!!  OH. MY. Goodness!)  Well, she was the one who recommended me for the Inspire. Create. Share presentations this past July in SLC because she had seen me present at ECSE.  

SO WAHOO for stepping outside your comfort zone!

This time around was even easier as the ladies gave me a theme for my presentation.  
GLITTER!!!
I was all over that.  WAHOO!

I had many of my projects finished up for the presentation already.  I talked my way through what I did and had some odds and ends to show the ladies some of the techniques I used for applying the glitter.

Here are some pictures of the presentation.  One thing I have learned....talking pictures are never flattering!  ;-)






 

  


Here are some close ups of the projects I created for my presentation.

Altered dollarstore calendar with glimmer paper.

Altered micheal's journal with glimmer paper on the back and a dipped feather all glittered up!


The wal-mart RSVP pens.  One with glitter inside one with glitter on the outside.


Micheal's fish bowl, dollarstore gems and stones on the bottom.  Glittered pinecones and a scented candle in the middle.
VOILA! Centerpiece!



An altered dollarstore plain green glass candle holder with glitter inside and a battery operated tea light.



Plain wooden picture frame glittered up and a poinsettia flower added for a more Christmasy feel.
(Made with our punch of course!!)


Michael's greenery wreath with our pompom trim wrapped around.  I glittered up the clothes pins that hold the cards on the wreath!





That's our glitter ribbon added to clothes pins with tombo and our new fine tip glue!

  
Altered dollarstore clip board for our Naughty and Nice Lists.

Poinsettias that I made with our FAB punch and glimmer paper!

Last but certainly not least the flower wreath!

This was made using an old book, hot glue gun and GLITTER!!









Shop 24/7 for your favourite Stampin' Up! products in my online store
Discounts galore on the Weekly Deals  & Clearance Rack 
Stamp with Shallon's FREE VIDEO tutorials
Join my "Shine's Stampers" group when you buy the starter kit!
Questions? Email me at stampwithshallon@gmail.com




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog