Monday, 9 March 2015

Creative Blog HOP and MORE Cheerful Critters!!!!

Today I have something different for you - my first ever BLOG HOP
My dear friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Tina Weller, nominated me to play along and I have been so excited for this post! 

You have already heard me gush over this stamp set in the Occasions Catalogue.  
I just wanted to post more of my creations made with this super cute stamp set.  
If you don't already have this one in your stash make sure it is in your next order!


Get a super cute stamp set and potentially some FREE stuff....OH YEAH, I am IN!  :-)

Here are more creations for you to enjoy!




   




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



*************************************************

We have also been asked to answer these 4 questions as Creative Blog Hop participants:


What are you working on now?

I am always working on making new videos to fill up my new Youtube channel.  I started my channel in 2014 and have been getting used to the whole process. CLICK HERE to head on over and check it out.  This is the second Stampin' UP! year that I have been really focusing on building my part time business.  I have a wonderful Stamp Club filled with a great group of ladies.  I seriously don't know how I have gotten so lucky as to have met such an amazing group of crafty gals!  I have also been learning how to be an upline and have been growing my downline.  It is scary but fun!!  I have a delightful group of gals as part of my team and I am so thankful that they have chosen me as their upline.  They are great and very supportive!!  I have also been doing my best to keep up with my creative "me time." I have three jobs and find it difficult to get my fun stamping time in.  I made a promise that 2015 would be different and so far....a success!!  :-)


How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I'm not sure how my work differs from others. I know that I like and I always try to do my own thing, put my own spin on my projects and just be ME. I find that I am not always drawn to the most popular Stampin' Up! products and I used to think that wasn't a good thing, business wise, but now I embrace it and just go with my gut and my likes when it comes to products.  SO, I guess that can differ me from others. You must be true to yourself!   I am a very simple, clean stamper and although I love all those vintagy, embellished projects that those very talented stampers create I just can't do it!  LOL  I do my own thang!  

Why do you create what you do?

Being creative has always been and will continue to be a huge part of who I am.   I have been a crafter for as long as I can remember.  My Mom was a huge influence because she too is very creative and very crafty.  I have always loved sharing my passion with other like minded folks.  I still pinch myself that I have a part time job teaching others to find or expand their creative side.  AMAZING!  I create the things that I do because I have to.  I couldn't go through life and NOT craft or create.  I have it in me and I need to get it out.  Scrapbooking, stamping, knitting, crocheting, sewing, wreath making, kids crafts, home decor items, kids toys, repainting furniture, birthday party themes/deco, the list goes on of the types of projects I have tried.  I just have to create and I am so glad that I get to earn a living by creating and helping others do the same.

How does your creative process work?

Quite often I will find inspiration online(Pinterest is my fave!), in magazines or sometimes an idea of my own.  It can be a CASE that I tweak, a colour combo that jumps out at me, or something totally "random" and it will spark that certain something and I just have to create.  Lately I have been starting with stamp sets.  Knowing what set I want to use and seeing how many different creations I can make with it.  Sometimes it can be a holiday (Christmas is my fave but right now I am trying to fine some cool St. Patty's day deco and crafts for my son to do) and I want to create anything and everything around that theme.  It can be a colour combo or a patterned paper that catches my eye and I go from there.  Many times I just hope for the best.  There are many days when I just go to my craft room with nothing particular in mind and just see what happens.  :-) I have tried different styles in my crafting.  Especially when it comes to my stampin' up business.  I have a group of stampers with a WIDE variety of tastes.  I try my best to work outside my comfort zone so that I can reach everyone.  Personally, I am drawn to projects and ideas that are simple, clean, bright.  A less is more kinda philosophy. 

Tina, thanks so much for the nomination for my first first blog hop! 





HAPPY STAMPIN'! 




Follow by Email

Total Pageviews