Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Not just stamps!

I have been a crafter for as long as I can remember.  I love to create!

In 2009 my eyes were opened to the wonderful world of stamping and I never looked back.

I love my job as a part time Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, don't get me wrong, but I will never give up on the other forms of crafting that I love.

One of those is fibre arts.  I LOVE TO KNIT!  My Nan taught me how to knit in 1996, my first year of university.  Thanksgiving weekend I visited my grandparents and she sat with me and taught me the basic stitches.   WOWZA!  I was hooked...although I didn't learn to crochet until last year...*groan*  :-)  It was tough to keep it going as she lives in NS and at the time I was living in NB.  I didn't have the wonderful YOUTUBE to keep me going.

I eventually put down my needles (after I created a horrendous sweater!! LOL) and went on to other crafting hobbies.  In 2008 I picked those needles back up while I was a SAHM living in Saint John NB.  Nap times were FAB for youtube, yarn and needles.  :-)

I have kept up with my knitting since then and I think I have come a long way from that *cringe* sweater.  This past fall our family had to make a move and most of my crafting stuffs were packed for the transition.  I left out the necessities to keep my Stampin' Up! business going as well as my WIP (work in progress) bin of knitting.   

I was able to whip through that bin this past fall and into winter not a problem! I do not have a blog about my knitting passion, although I do have a Facebook Page as I thought my friends might get tired of seeing all my knitting posts!  

I haven't seen stamping as much these past three weeks but have been knitting.  It is COLD here and I "needed" some new winter accessories!  ;-)   

I have made the decision to post a bit about my yarn addiction here so you can see what I am up to.  It will by no means take over the blog but I thought you might be interested!!  I even have a video coming about a knitting project that I did over Christmas.  It was SO much fun!

This is one of the latest project I completed.  I fell in love with this pattern when I saw a completed hat at my local yarn shop From Ewe to You.  I just had to give it a try!

CLICK HERE to see the pattern on the Ravelry site (you will need a log in to access Ravelry)  I used Paton's Classic Wool for the hat.








Hope you have enjoyed my NON stamping post! 


Follow by Email

Total Pageviews