Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Stampin' Up! Canada Fall Event!!


OMGosh!!  I cannot wait!!
Stampin Up! Canada is having a regional events all over the country this Fall.  WAHOO!
I am all registered for the one happening here in Nova Scotia.  It will be held in Truro at the Holiday Inn on Friday September 26 and Saturday September 27, 2014.


On top of that I was able to volunteer for the event! YAY!! This will be the first time I am participating in a regional and doing my part by volunteering.  I am just tickled pink!

I am have also been called on to come up with organized swaps.  I have decided on two.  I did this in June at an event and I took part in some at Convention in SLC this past July.  LOVE THEM!!  Here are the details on the swaps:

Stampin’ Up! Canada Regional Event – TRURO
Swaps, swaps and MORE swaps!!

1.      Friendship Swap
Friday night after the official session is over I am organizing a “Friendship Card Front” Swap. 

INFO:  
·         Card fronts only, current (annual or holiday catalogue). 
·         Include your contact info on the back with a sticker or post it note so we can give credit! 
·         Minimum of 2 layers  (ribbon or other counts as a layer)
·          Please do your best work. Card stock should have straight, crisp cuts - unless tearing and distressing are part of your layout/design. Images should be clear and neatly stamped. Please do not skimp on adhesive, make sure the cards stay together. Just think, “Would I want to frame this or share it with my customers?”

2.      Creative Business Info Swap
Saturday after our morning session over I am organizing a “Creative Business Info” Swap.

INFO:
Passing out your business card can seem Ho Hum, Hum Drum, right? This is a swap for you to come up with creative ways to dress up your business info.  Potential customers seem to remember you a little quicker if they have received your info in an untraditional form.  Wouldn't you remember if you received business info in the shape of the dress framelit, an Easter egg or butterfly?
·         Make a statement with your info, get noticed and be remembered!
·         You will make 1 awesome business card, tag or otherwise and place in a ziplock bag or clear envelope. 
·         Anything goes!  Get those creative juices flowing! Be creative and do your best work. 
·         No smudges!  Make sure you have clean cuts, nothing crooked unless it is supposed to be.
·         Current product (annual or holiday catalogue)  
·         Please include your name and contact info in each bag so we can give credit where credit is due or if there is a question about a technique you may have used.

 TO SIGN UP
To sign up for ONE or BOTH swaps please email stampwithshallon@gmail.com and let me know which ones you are interested in. 
DEADLINE Monday September 8th.    (2 weeks to decide/just over 2 weeks to create!  J)
I will create email lists for both swaps and once the deadline has past I will contact everyone with the number or swaps they will need to make. 
At that time I will also forward on more accurate information as to where we are meeting and the exact time as well.

Happy Stampin!
Shallon Vickers

stampwithshallon@gmail.com