Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Salt Lake City here we come!!! - Convention Day 1 travel day


I am so lucky to have been able to attend CONVENTION again this year.  This is my 4th year going.  I was hooked the moment I attended my first and I never want to miss a year!
I know I am late posting but I wanted to show you my convention experience for Inspire. Create. Share. 2014.
This is a four parter!  ENJOY!

 Here are some of the projects that I made for convention.
My button bracelet.  I have made this once before but now those buttons have retired! Must make another.  :-)  This features three of the four colour families.

I Made ring from a base I purchased at Michael's and then topped with our vintage faceted buttons and antique brads.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this piece turned out.  :-)

I believe I may have already posted about these earrings.  I have been wanting to make them for years.  I needed SMALL wooden stamps though and didn't want to use something current.  These were the smallest retired wooden stamps I had on hand...and they were still heavy!!  LOL  Love them though and got lots of compliments on these.


I made each of my roomies and myself a notebook for convention.  They are dollar store notebooks that I recovered with current product.  I also included a big paper clip for loose papers, and I put a pocket on the inside cover for smaller bits we may have wanted to keep.  The pens is an RSVP pen from walmart and you can wrap the DSP piece around the pen insert and put it back inside to give you a matching pen! Too cool!!


I participated in two organized swaps this year at convention.  My first time!!  This one was a full card swap.  I was in two different groups.  Friendship and Thank you.  The cards in this swap were AWESOME!  I will have to do a post on the swaps I received because some of them are just AMAZING!!


My upline had a dinner one night and did a group swap as well.  I have a tradition of doing a butterfly and a purple swap so this fit the bill nicely!  

One of my stamp club members made us these as gifties one month.  I love them and even did a post on how to make them.  You can see that HERE.  I created 24 of these as my 3D swap.  They were a hit!

My general card front swap for convention.  I am so proud and pleased with this card.  I love it!  

The ceremonial cutting of the previous years prize patrol band!  LOL  

My convention pedi.  Yup, them there's Stampin' Up colours!!  Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush from last years online momento mall.

Grabbed a juice at our first layover.  I think that is a tradition now too!

Empty seat on the second leg of the journey...Schweeet!

The clouds were SO pretty on the trip.

We have arrived!!! They did sign in the night before at the Paper Pumpkin Event.  It was packed!


Ann and I picked up projects from the other ladies and headed in to set up our Convention Display Board.  It was a long process but the board looked GREAT!  Thanks Ann!!
First Step completed.

I just thought this was too cute!! Swapping!!

Paper Pumpkin Night Out party.  It was a blast!!
 Yummies
 Make and take
 Great Displays!  I love seeing OTHER things made with the product from the kits.

And they even had a photo booth that Ann and I took part in.  You dressed up silly and made a goof of yourself in front of the camera for 7seconds.  They then made a flip book out of it!  It is TOO FUNNY!!!  

We were finally able to meet up with Tina (her flights were delayed! YUCK!) and we went to the Olive Garden for a quick drink and bite to eat.


Okay so it was TWO quick drinks!  ;-)

Onto the official DAY 1 of convention in my next post.  Stay tuned!



Camouflage Technique

Hello Stampers!! I have another video tutorial comin' your way. These photos and video tutorial are for the camouflage stamping t...