Monday, 18 August 2014

Birthday Surprise!!!!

This is a project that I have been working on for quite some time. 
One that is near and dear to my heart

My husband, Trig, was born in Whitehorse, Yukon.  When I met him almost 10 years ago I remember him telling me of getting back to where he was born.  He was two when he left and has always wanted to go back and rediscover his birthplace.  Not too long ago he made it a goal to get there for his 40th birthday.  Unfortunately that wasn't able to happen.  Still on his bucket list though, he kept hoping and trying to get there.

We knew straight away that this kind of a trip wouldn't be a family trip.  It would just be too much of an expense.  Our goal was to get him there, come hell or high water!!  Well the years have gone by and other things have been given priority and alas finances had to be used elsewhere.  

This year I KNEW it had to happen!  My BIL accepted a job in Whitehorse a few months back and it was then that I knew it WOULD happen this year.  Having someone at your destination makes it so much easier...and MORE FUN!!  :-)  I figured I wouldn't be able to do it alone, so I was sneaky, sneaky and enlisted the help of many of my in laws.   

We didn't make the birthday deadline, Trig turned 43 on July 2nd, but better late than never, right?!
We have all pitched in and doing everything we can we are getting Trig to the Yukon this fall, hopefully September!!  WAHOO!!   Happy Birthday my love!!!  He is very thankful and was overwhelmed when we presented him with his gift.  

Why am I telling you this?  Well because I stamped his "card" of course!!!  
Here are some pictures of the Scrapbook Wallet that I created as his card. 





I filled it with pictures of the Yukon, and envelopes containing the gift of each participant.  I decorated with a birthday theme and a surprise theme.










Happy Birthday Trig!!!!

Here is a link to the video tutorial that I made for the Scrapbook Wallet:


This is a Link to the online tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com