Monday, 25 March 2013

Stamp Club - January 2013

Time to catch up on Stamp Clubs!!! 
For our January stamp club I went with a Valentine theme.  Our stamp club meets the second Friday of every month so I knew I wouldn't see these gals in time for V-day.
I usually try to get a new card type and a new stamping technique in for club and this month I was able to do both! YAY!!  

The first card we did was one that I cased from Mary Fish.  LOVE HER stamping style. You can find her blog HERE
The ladies love doing card fronts how (got them hooked on that a few months ago) so some of us did a black backing and some of us did a white backing.  Here are the pics.



We used basic black, real red and whisper white card stock.  StazOn ink for the tree from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.  We used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the greeting.  We punched the hearts using both the small heart punch and the tiny ones using the owl punch.  A ruler and the basic black marker made our lines and with some snail and baker's twine we wrapped the red heart.  The other two larger hearts are punched out of white and I stamped on the Delicate Doily in real red and Delightful Decorations (for the polka dots) before punching.

Here is our second card!  Gate Fold card and directions can be found HERE


Some of us made pink pirouette cards and some of us made real red cards.  In all honesty it all came down to how much 12x12 card stock I had on hand!! LOL


Here is the inside of our cards.  I used the large heart punch however if you don't have that one you can use the heart framelits just as easily to punch out the hearts on the sides.  I used the sizzlit for the center heart.  I embossed very vanilla card stock using an embossing folder for the front and heat embossed the inside piece with a background stamp in versa mark and iridescent ice.  A few pearls on the front flowers and VOILA!!


 Your turn!!  Happy Stamping!