Friday, 27 July 2012

My convention gifties.

I LOVE GOING TO CONVENTION!!
My very first Stampin' UP! Convention was last year.  It is so amazing that once you go you NEVER want to miss it!
I was lucky enough to be able to go again this year.  *grin* (so hard my cheeks hurt!)

Last year I did not make any gifties to take with me.  I just wasn't thinking about it.  This year I knew I just HAD TO!!!!  I had tons of ideas in my head and couldn't decide on just one. 
So here are all the gifties that I took with me to Salt Lake City.

First off I collected 2 containers of Brights Buttons. (I made 2 bracelets and only used about a container and a half...still had some left over!)
 I already had jewelry making tools, beads and clasps.  If you don't have any at all, take a trip to Micheal's they have a wide selection at various price points.  It doesn't have to cost you a lot.
 As you can see in the photo above, I separated my buttons by colour and style (there are three different sizes and patterns in a packed of Stampin' UP! brights buttons.)

I used silver stretchy cord (not SU product) because that was all I had left to use.  I have noticed that since wearing mine ALL CONVENTION (yup! love it that much) that I will make my next ones (YUP! making one in EVERY COLOUR FAMILY!) with a cord that doesn't stretch.  I am thinking of using some of my hemp twine (again not an SU product. They used to have a thicker twine, but do not anymore.  I will use up my beading stash.)
I used toggle clasps for the ends of the bracelets.  I probably did not need to use them with the stretchy cord but I like the look and I will definitely use them with the hemp twine versions I will be making.
I measured on my own wrist (nice and exact, eh?! lol) and cut THREE pieces of cord.
I wove the buttons on in singles, doubles and triples.  The buttons are different sizes so the stacking looks AWESOME!  I scattered the colours, sizes and stacks throughout the three cords.  USE YOUR IMAGINATION!
I then took three ends and tied them (as one) around one piece of the toggle clasp.  I wanted to use large crimper beads to make the ends look nice and neat but didn't have any large enough on hand and didn't want to buy anymore.  I will use some for the hemp twine version.  
I braided the three cords of buttons and then tied the opposite three ends (as one) around the other piece of the toggle clasp.

VOILA!

Here is a pic of Tina and I wearing our button bracelets at convention.  We received so many compliments on them.  I couldn't believe it!  I was shocked!  Something SO simple and easy to make!  Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :-)   

Now it is your turn to try out your very own button bracelet!!!!!  :-)