Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Convention is coming! Convention is coming!

I am so stinkin' excited that "I AM" Convention is just around the corner!!!!!!
I am so sorry that I haven't been posting to my blog!!!
(working two jobs will do that to a girl....take away stamping/blogging hours that is!)

Well here is a bit of what I have been up to since I have last posted.  There is SO much that I want to post about but some of my goodies are FOR convention and I don't want to give away the surprise.  :-)

Here it goes!

Me and my multi-purpose yarn bowl!!  I needed to punch LOTS of assorted flowers and this was the best place to put them all.  I LOVE reusing the brown paper that comes in our SU packages.  I have a list of projects that I want to do with ALL THAT PAPER!!!!

Buttons, buttons and MORE buttons!!  What am I doing with all these Brights Buttons?  Well, you will just have to wait until AFTER convention to find out!  There are some items in the SU catalog that I just don't use often enough and if I am not using them, then my customers won't be either!  SO, once again I have a list of goodies that I want to try with buttons.  HINT: they aren't all card projects.  :-)

I do not sew.  Scratch that, I didn't sew.  Yeah, yeah, Home Ec. doesn't count! (although I made a smashing pair of shorts, a stuffy and a pillow in grades 6-8)
This is another item in the SU catalog that I don't use...that's right I said it.  I can count on one hand the number of times I have used it (and that was trying to put it on my cards some how.)
Well, I have searched Stampin' Connection, and Pinterest and come up with ANOTHER LIST of things to try!  Yay!  Now I just need to get my two hand-me-down (hope they work) sewing machines going and I will be all set! This is some of the Timeless Portrait fabric that I used in a CONVENTION project....final pics will be posted post July 23rd!!  :-)

 OOOHHHHHH, look at this little do-dad!!  What could this be for????   I used the Spice Cake fabric and some double sided sticky sheets.  I used my largest circle punch and punched a piece of scrap paper, used that to cut out my sticky sheet.  Then cut a strip of fabric and started in the center.  I twisted and rolled and put this puppy together...but it was missing something....that's right DAZZLING DIAMONDS!!!   I used a paint brush and put a coat of Crystal Effects on first and then sprinkled the DD all over the top and left it to dry overnight. Also made some out of the Timeless Portrait fabric (the red!!)

This is what happens when you use Crystal Effects with you Dazzling Diamonds.  You end up with DD on your fingers for 2 DAYS!!!!!!   Holy Moley, talk about hard to remove!  :-)   Hey, diamonds are a girls best friends, right?!

WOOHOO!!   Look what came in the mail!!!  My name badge, tickets for extra classes and my bag voucher for "I AM" CONVENTION 2012!!!!   Salt Lake City here I come!!!!  

More to come!  Stay tuned!!!



Camouflage Technique

Hello Stampers!! I have another video tutorial comin' your way. These photos and video tutorial are for the camouflage stamping t...